zaterdag 20 december 2014

Street Art Concept




Process:
For this picture I placed a printscreen of my Facebook page in a fictional billboard that could be placed next to the highway. 

If I would want to carry this out in reality I would have to create a poster that would fit the billboard and paste it onto an actual one. Since I do not have my residence permit yet and the Turkish police scares me, I did not do this. 

Explanation:

Many people have been worrying over the recent changes in Facebook and Whatsapp in terms of privacy issues. They argue that on January 1st 2015 our current level of privacy will be severely compromised by these media. I agree with them on the fact that our privacy will be compromised, I, however, disagree with the fact that this will happen from January first onward. I argue that media such as Facebook and Whatsapp have always placed a risk to our privacy, and we should accept the fact that this is the case, although it may be a warped logic in the sense that they should have never used our personal information to begin with, I would say that we should take responsibility for our own actions online, and thus only place images and text that we are not ashamed of. In order to demonstrate this argument, I would place my Facebook page on billboards and project it on buildings, to show that I have nothing to hide, and that I take this responsibility. 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten