maandag 12 januari 2015

Self-Portrait

Self-portrait
2014
Photograph
282mm x 292mm
Istanbul

The assignment was to create a portrait, when I thought about this I realized how portraits are mostly not very interesting since they simply represent a person through displaying their face, or their whole body. Another observation I made was the fact that they usually represent the person in an iconic fashion, for example by indicating their profession, their nicest clothes etc. With this notion of iconic I started brainstorming and decided to create a portrait which just shows a lock of my hair. Ever since I was old enough to remember people have commented on my hair, both in the Netherlands and abroad, thus I decided that to represent my hair would for many people be enough to understand that this was me, and would thus serve as a portrait in that it is recognizable and iconic. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten